Cisco Online Privacy Statement
The Trust Center
Cisco Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “Cisco”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to maintaining strong protections for our customers, products and company. We believe in building and maintaining trust, reducing risk and simply doing what is right.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on Vidcast.io (the “Site,”)and while using any services or products available through the Site (“Solutions”).
This Privacy Statement applies to the Site and Solutions and any application that links to or references this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information.
What is Personal Information
“Personal information” is any information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), social media account information, or payment card number.
The types of personal information that we may process depends on the business context and the purposes for which it was collected. It may include:
- Contact, subscription, registration, online identifiers, social media and discussion forum or communications details;
- Communications (i.e., audio, video, text) content;
- Online behavior and product usage information;
- information about the user of our products and services, including System Information such as device identifiers, and telemetry (such as IP or MAC address) when such data is linked or tied to a specific person’s device;
- any content or data you upload through the use of the Solutions
If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
Collection & Use of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and Solutions and interact with us. We also acquire personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating and helping to ensure the security of our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Site and Solutions, sending notices, marketing and other communications, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law.
We collect personal information for a variety of business reasons, such as:
- Customer relationship management and administration
- Creating and managing user accounts
- Provisioning websites and Solutions and enabling the use of certain features
- Analyzing, personalizing, improving accuracy, and enhancing Solutions, user experience, communications, and interactions
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Cisco or from our partners.
- Managing communications preferences. You can modify your communication preferences at any time.
If you choose to provide us with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or colleague. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or by clicking here.
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information and Exercising Your Rights
We need your help to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- You can view or edit your Cisco.com personal information and preferences online by using the Cisco Profile Management Tool.
- When Cisco is acting as a “data controller”, you can exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations under applicable data protection laws directly with that Cisco entity as described in the specific Solution documentation or by submitting a request through the Privacy Request form.
- When Cisco is acting as a “data processor” and you wish to exercise your rights of access and request corrections, suppression, or deactivations, Cisco will direct you to the data controller under the applicable data protection laws.
- If you need additional assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us (https://privacyrequest.cisco.com/) directly. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request or need more time, we will provide you with an explanation.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the option to receive a variety of information related to our business, programs, website, and Solutions. You can manage your communication preferences at any time through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that mailing.
- By completing and submitting this form or by contacting us via mail at: Cisco Systems, Inc., Privacy Office, 170 West Tasman Dr., San Jose, CA 95134, USA. Please be sure to include your name, email address, the communication received, method of delivery (e.g., post, email, phone call, text), and any additional information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of the Solution, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel or stop use in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with Cisco business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about websites, programs, products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of Cisco sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please click here.
By using our Site, Solutions, or otherwise engaging or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you by posting a notice on our Site, sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, analyzing, improving, securing, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Cisco and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for the purposes of data processing, such as marketing, business operations, compliance, security, website or Solution functionality, or storage.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested website, Solution, service or transaction. Examples include processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Cisco, our business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Vidcast implements physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your personal information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We also contractually require that our suppliers protect such information from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access.
Retention and Disposal of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our rights and agreements.
We will not retain personal information in identifiable form when the purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected have been achieved and, there is no legal or business need to retain such personally identifiable information. Thereafter, the data will either be destroyed, deleted, anonymized, and/or removed from our systems.
Like many websites and web-based Solutions, Vidcast uses automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to us (e.g., Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, clickstream behavior, and telemetry).
These tools help make your visit to our website and Solutions easier, more efficient, and personalized. We also use the information to improve our website and Solutions and provide greater service and value.
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside Cisco control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on the websites you visit.
Cisco encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Cisco does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the How to Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
International Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
As Cisco is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Cisco in the United States of America, to any Cisco subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites and Solutions or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you acknowledge and accept the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
Cisco safeguards and enables the global transfer of personal information in a number of ways:
APEC Privacy Certification
Cisco’s global privacy program, described in this Privacy Statement, complies with the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross-Border Privacy Rules System (CBPRs) and Privacy Recognition for Processors (PRP). The APEC CBPR system and PRP provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies. More information about the APEC Privacy Framework, CBPRs, and PRP can be found here. Our certification applies to our business processes across our global operations that process and transfer personal information to/from our affiliates around the world. To view our certifications, please see the APEC CBPR System Directory and the APEC PRP Directory.
For more information on the scope of our participation, or to submit a privacy inquiry through BBB National Programs, our Accountability Agent, please click on the official seal below:
EU Binding Corporate Rules – Controller
Cisco’s global privacy program and policies have been approved by the Dutch, Polish, Spanish, and other relevant European privacy regulators as providing adequate safeguards for the protection of privacy, fundamental rights, and freedoms of individuals for transfers of personal information protected under European law. Cisco’s Binding Corporate Rules — Controller (BCR-C) — provide that transfers made by Cisco as a controller worldwide of European personal information benefit from adequate safeguards.
EU, UK and Swiss-US Privacy Shields
Cisco Systems Inc. and its US-based subsidiaries: Acano LLC, Broadsoft, Inc., Cisco OpenDNS LLC, Cisco Systems Capital Corporation, Cisco WebEx LLC, CliQr Technologies LLC, CloudLock LLC, Duo Security LLC, Jasper International Services LLC, Jasper Technologies LLC, Meraki LLC, Rizio, Inc. (dba Voicea) and Scientific-Atlanta LLC (collectively “Cisco-US”) complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield.